General Information on Life in Switzerland
Renting in Switzerland
- Expatica’s Guide to Renting in Switzerland – Expatica provides expats the information they need to turn their new country into their home. Founded by an expat and a local, Expatica provides information on housing and general life as an expat – written by experts and real-life expats and fact-checked by their editorial staff.
- Transferwise’s Guide to Renting in Switzerland
- Internations.org: Moving to Switzerland – Internations.org is a community for expats moving internationally. You can connect with international people in your city, join events to meet fellow expats, and get tips and information about your destination
- Remember to use Northeastern’s in-house resources for researching a country’s culture, lifestyle, and social norms: GoinGlobal and GlobeSmart.
- GoinGlobal is an online resource that Northeastern students have access to for free with their Northeastern credentials. GoinGlobal delivers useful and unique material that is hand-gathered at its source, not simply compiled from publicly available Internet sources. It provides information that is location-specific in detail and global in perspective, and delivers useful, actionable information that is constantly expanding to meet the evolving needs of a global job seeker. GoinGlobal also provides industry-specific salary ranges and cost of living data to help students prepare for living and working abroad.
- GlobeSmart is an online resource that Northeastern students have access to for free with their Northeastern credentials. GlobeSmart has Culture Guides that allow students to research the country they plan to visit extensively beforehand. This includes everything from communication styles, protocols, relationship building, workplace norms, health and safety, money and tipping, geography and climate, and more.
Information on Housing by City
- International Geneva Welcome Center – Housing and Information Service
- Brochure – Practical Information for Living in Geneva
For more information and helpful tips, please read the Global Relocation Guide
Disclaimer: Off Campus Housing and Support Services provides information to Northeastern University students, faculty and staff members solely as a courtesy. Northeastern does not endorse any of the housing options listed. Northeastern University accepts no responsibility for the accuracy or reliability of housing listings with the office. Contact with persons listed herein must be conducted independently and at your own risk. The university does not screen, recommend, vouch for, or take responsibility for the condition or safety of housing arrangements made by students.