Northeastern University, with a focus on creating globally-minded students and expanding global opportunities for lifelong learning and discovery, provides a range of experiences and programs in every corner of the globe. Whether it’s global co-op, a global research experience, study abroad, or other Northeastern program, Off Campus Housing and Support Services (OCHSS) is here to help in the process of finding global housing accommodations.
While some study abroad programs and global co-ops include housing, many global universities and employers do not provide housing for students studying or working at their organization. As such, it is the student’s responsibility to communicate with their co-op employer or international university to confirm if accommodations are provided or not. If accommodations are not provided, it is the responsibility of the student to find, secure, and pay for housing abroad themselves. While this may seem like an overwhelming experience, Off Campus Housing and Support Services can provide guidance along the way with the following support:
- Global housing search and advice
- In-country resources and housing safety guidelines
- Connections to other Huskies associated with that area:
- Fellow students headed to the same global co-op country during the same timeframe
- Students or alumni who have lived in that country in past terms
- Area alumni or parents who may have housing connections